Saturday, March 1, 2008

Salvation

I have always known about Jesus. My mom says that His name was actuallyone of my first words! When I was a toddler, or so, my mom would sing songs to me like "Jesus Loves Me" or she and dad would tell me all kinds of stories about Him. But there was definitely a time in my life when Ireally wanted to know God, not just know about Him.I wanted to know Him personally, but first I had to:
1. Admit I was a sinner and was in need of God.
2. Believe that Jesus died and rose again for my sins.
3. Confess Jesus as Lord of my life.It was as easy as ABC and because I was only six and learning myalphabet and how to read, this was an easy way to understand how to besaved. Now, I pray to Him every day by just talking to Him. I praise Him everynight which means I like to sing to Him before I go to bed.He is always there when I need Him, like when I have problems at schoolwith friends. He also helps me when I take a test or have to make aspeech. Jesus is real to me. I am sure glad I know Him. You can get to know Him too.
~Lady Olivia
If this was your first time learning about how to trust Jesus as your Savior and you have just believed in Him as you read this, please let us know.

Now for a giveaway!! We have a small New Testament Bible with God's Precious Promises especially highlighted from the publisher. It's a handy tool for leading a person to the Lord and it's free to one person who would like to have it. Simply have your mom e-mail our moderator to submit your name for the drawing.




3 comments:

Angie said...

Praise the Lord for answered prayer and for salvation! I'm so happy that Jesus is real to you!

Praying you would continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ (2 Pet 3:18).

Olivia :) said...

Thanks Mom!!

Wanda said...

Our communion message was about the wonderful gift of salvation today....I'm excited we share that gift.

LOL:)

One of my Favorite Verses

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

1 Timothy 4:11-13