Sunday, February 24, 2008

The True Lamb

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. John 1:19 KJV


When I was a little baby I was given a very special gift that I still treasure to this day. Some kids might sleep with blankets. Others might sleep with Beanie Babies, but I sleep with a lamb.

Lambie and I have gone through almost everything you could say. We’ve gone on many different vacations. She’s been there when I was sick and of course she’s there when I’m asleep.

As special as Lambie is to me, there is another Lamb that is way more important than her…It’s Jesus Christ, the True Lamb.

Usually, Lambie comforts me and makes me feel really calm, but she can’t always go with me everywhere. In the Bible Jesus promises to always be with us and comfort us whenever we need Him to.

My brother might say sometimes, “Don’t you think you’re a little too old to sleep with that?” or “I’ve stopped sleeping with my toys and I’m seven don’t you think you should stop by now?!” Yes I know I might be a teensy bit old to still sleep with a stuffed animal and I know I’ll grow out of it some day, but I do know one thing, I’ll never outgrow the True Lamb.

4 comments:

Wanda said...

I love your lambs. I was given two very special stuffed lamb animals....but Molly my little dog has adopted them. She sleeps with them in her bed.

Laurie A. said...

Liv, I don't have a lamb but I do have a teddy bear (Percy). I hope that you never find yourself too old for the comfort that God provides through anything He has made (which includes stuffed lambs)!! While Lambie may not always sleep beside you in your bed, I encourage you to find a special place somewhere where she can ultimately reside and remind you of God's ever-keeping presence!!! Fantastic post my friend!

Anonymous said...

Liv, I read this one to Jacqui, and she just grinned ear to ear and said it was a "bee-yooo-tee-ful story!" I wholeheartedly agree. : )

P.S. Jacqui's bedtime buddy is a lavender stuffed puppy named Cosmo ;)

Angie said...

This is one of my favorite pieces you have written. Keep listening and sharing. I'm so proud of you!

One of my Favorite Verses

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

1 Timothy 4:11-13