Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Down by the Stream



My brother and I love to go to a creek by our house. It is full of excitement and memories. We love to chunk rocks, climb on limbs, and scale down the side of the creek bank. Usually our mom says, “Now don’t y’all come home all wet!” As much as we try, it is very hard to come home without at least some mud. The other day we found some deer tracks near the water. It made us think, “Maybe we are not the only ones that enjoy coming here.”

In the Bible God says, “As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after Thee, O God. You see, a hart is a deer and we have loads of deer on our property that love to come drink water from our stream. They must have water to live and so do we, but what we also need is Jesus. I need Him to help me deal with friends at school, at home with my family, and everywhere I go. As the deer needs water, what are the ways that you need Jesus? Think about it.
.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true. The deer needs water daily just as we need our Lord. Without him we become dry and thirsty. I am very proud to be you dad. You don't realize how your writing helps people of all ages. Love Dad.

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog. It's cute. I love the plaid.

Anonymous said...

You are a rare girl, Liv. And storing the Word away in your heart gives you wisdom beyond your years. Jacqui was so pleased to know you are praying for her... wish you could have seen her smile when I told her. You are a wonderful blessing, Liv. Keep growing strong in the Lord.

Wanda said...

What fun to play at the creek. We do that at Camp Sugar Pine at our family reunions ~~~ Memories for all ages.

This was really a cool picture of the creek.

Laurie A. said...

Liv, this is an awesome post! Nature in all its forms is so very important to me and I thank Jesus for creating so much diversity and beauty . . . like His body!! My husband and I live in a forest and we get plenty of deer strolling through our backyard as well. When I realize that I get to share such provision with deer, it makes me smile big time!!!

Anonymous said...

And we are so proud to be your Nana and Papa. Both you and your brother are beautiful Children of God and it is visible in so many ways. We love our Liv ! Your Nana and Papa

Angie said...

I love this post! When we drink His living water we will never thirst again!

One of my Favorite Verses

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

1 Timothy 4:11-13