Monday, March 3, 2008

Review: A Young Woman After God's Own Heart

The other day my mom went to a women's conference and bought me this wonderful book for girls by Elizabeth George. (It's even autographed by her!) So here lately you will be seeing me review each chapter of this story.
.
.
Chapter #1
A Heart Devoted to God
.
Good, better, best,
never let it rest,
until your good is better,
and your better is best
.
This was one of the poems in this chapter. It also included a few other things that went with it like how it's important to give up a little of your own time and spend some time with God. Mabye a few of these examples of things you could work on.
.
...Say no to watching TV,
...Say no to some time on the phone,
...Say no to some time with your friends,
...Say no to some time at the mall, in order to
...Say yes to God
.
Also here are some other things she said in this passage...
.
1. Choose to spend time with God
.
2. Choose God's ways at every opportunity
.
3. Commit yourself to God daily
My mom and I liked this part.
She said every morning when you wake up
to say out loud "Lord, I give myself anew to You!"
.
So far, this book has encouraged me to spend more time with the Lord. I also learned when you're doing things that you really don't feel like doing and you want to give up, that you should not do it just halfheartedly, but do it with a full heart and do it for God.

1 comment:

Laurie A. said...

This book sounds terrific, Liv! I like how you highlighted that saying no to the world is saying yes to God. I also like how you emphasized choice. Every moment of every day we have been given the freedom to choose and I think that where the most freedom is is in our choosing Christ Jesus! God's grace is sufficient, yes? For everything. I'm glad you are sharing what you're reading and learning. I'm encouraged!!!

One of my Favorite Verses

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

1 Timothy 4:11-13