Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Fading Flowers

The grass withereith, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand forever. Isaiah 40:8 KJV


As we are coming into this wonderful season the flowers are blooming, the bees are buzzing, and everything is taking place in what we call spring. Usually when people think of spring they think of flowers. Personally, my favorite flower is the daffodil. It has a very bright yellow color and always makes me feel cheerful.

Here in the world people spend hundreds of dollars on flowers to plant around their house or in their garden, but in the Bible God says that the world will not last forever although He does say that the place He is getting ready for us will last for eternity. So next time you are about to buy some flowers think about this, "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth, but the word of our God shall stand forever."

3 comments:

Misha said...

I like that verse, too! My sister luvs daffodils. I think they're lovely, but I'd have to say that my favorite flowers are daisies! I really like your blog name! liv laf luv-sweet!

Angie said...

They are such happy flowers aren't they! I will think of that verse when I see them. His word endures through all seasons doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful thoughts, and important words to remember, Liv. Your daffodils looked so cheerful, that I showed them to Jacqui. She's really sick this week and your flowers gave her a rare smile - thank you!

Just like your Mom, you are a ray of sunlight in the lives that you touch. I feel privileged to know you and your mom through blogging... you're one extraordinary young lady! :)

One of my Favorite Verses

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

1 Timothy 4:11-13