Friday, January 16, 2009

If I Were


If I were a tree

I would be a cherry blossom tree,

mounted on top of the highest hilltop in Mongolia.

If you sat under my canopy,

you could hear all the laughter of the little children down in the village.

I would be the perfect cherry blossom tree.

Every day someone would sit on one of my branches and eat an apple.

The sun would shine through my flowers

and make the most beautiful shade of pink.

Children would point at the sight and ooh and aah.

I would too if I could.

I never get lonely on this hilltop of mine,

even though I am the only one here.

Every season each day someone new visits me.

Oh what a joy, oh what a joy it would be if I were a cherry blossom tree.

2 comments:

Monica said...

That is a wonderful poem! I might think about doing one!

Jessica said...

I think this poem is beautiful! I love cherry blossom trees. Often when I sit down to write, I imagine that I am sitting under one of these trees with pink petals falling around me creating a pink blanket of summer snow.

I have a blog for young people who enjoy writing. Come and check it out! I will probably being doing writing challenges every other week, also.

Blessings,
Jessica

One of my Favorite Verses

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

1 Timothy 4:11-13