Sunday, January 11, 2009

Shalom~Peace

When I heard that the theme at Growing in Grace for January was peace, I was excited to hear this because it is one my favorite fruits of the Spirit. It is special to me because it is the meaning of my name. I wasn't very sure of this until I saw Miss Jocelyn’s article where you type in your name and it comes up in Hebrew. My name on there meant peaceable and perfect. After that, I was really sure that is what it meant.

The dove is a symbol of peace. In the Bible, a dove was released by Noah after the great flood in order to find land. The dove came back carrying an olive branch in its beak, letting Noah know that the water had gone down and there was land once again for man to live on. You can read this story in Genesis 8.Jesus is the Prince of peace. Whenever I feel the presence of the Lord I sense this great peace come over me and all of a sudden I feel calm and relaxed. That only comes from Him. You can even feel His peace in hard times.

Interesting Fact...The peace symbol was created in Britain as a sign of nuclear disarmament, which means they wanted to get rid of nuclear weapons.

Now, the LORD bless thee, and keep thee. The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee. The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. Numbers 6:24-26

No comments:

One of my Favorite Verses

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

1 Timothy 4:11-13