Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Map of Your Heart

This is a from Melodoy at Wrapped Emotions.
To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to keep your soul alive. ~ Robert Louis Stevenson


Knowing what you truly love is the key to loving how you live. A simple way to begin to know what you truly love is to gather beautiful images that speak to your soul. So, let's do just that.Gather scissors, glue, your favorite magazines and your art journal. Place them all together in a basket or other container and keep it by your bed. At night after the kids are asleep, the day's responsibilities are (hopefully) taken care of and you can devote a few minutes of relaxed down time (stop laughing), crawl up on your bed and flip through the magazines. When you see a picture you love, cut it out and paste it in your art journal. Spend several quiet moments doing this. When finished, put your journal away for another night.


I realize that night may not be your relaxing time or your bed may not be your comfy contemplative place, adjust accordingly. Find your spot.


Now listen to me because this part is very important. Do not over think your choices. You do not need to have a reason why an image speaks to you...it simply must speak to you. Also, do not plan or fret over the arrangement of the images on the page, just paste them on a page one at a time. Let your collages happen, evolve.


Now listen to me again. If you begin this one night and the love is not flowing, drop it. You will know if you are forcing the process. Also, do not feel like you must work on this every night.


At the end of two weeks, (yes, do this for two weeks) crawl onto your bed, snuggle up with your art journal and look at the pages you have created. I expect that you will find colors, patterns, themes, styles, things...something...which reveals loves, hopes, passions you've never realized. Your collages will give you directions where your heart wants to go...a map of your heart. Try it.


Tell me, where does the map of your heart lead?

Here's the creation I made.
This shows a few things about me like my fav. colors and patterns.

15 comments:

Julie Arduini said...

Welcome Liv! I'm so glad you joined in on this, I hope your mom does too! Your blog is stunning and I love the color and life you brought to this prompt. Tell me you'll be doing more prompts for Wrapped Emotions. I'll be back!

Unknown said...

A very bright and happy creation. It looks fitting with your blog style too. Welcome to WE

Kim @ TheBitterBall

mandaroo63 said...

So bright and colorful....it makes me think that you must be a very likable, friendly person! : )

Wil's Wheels said...

Liv, welcome to WE. How completely wonderful to have a beautiful, young lady join our ranks.

The colors, textures, shapes and forms you have chosen lead me to believe your heart is soft, loving, true and brilliant.

I am thrilled to have you join WE, and your blog design is alive.

Sheila said...

Welcome to WE! I love the patterns and textures you chose! They are nice and cheery!

Wanda said...

That is a very wonderful creation. It says you are a happy content and delightful person...but them we already knew that!!

LOL:)

Angie said...

Great colors and I love the way you gave it shape. You truly are a shining star.

Dan 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Mimi said...

Love it! It's so pretty and makes me smile!

I can tell you're a happy person!

TMM said...

Reminds me of the song "Shine Jesus Shine, fill this land with Your Fathers glory"

Bonnie said...

I love your blog template. It's so bright !! And your piece that you did for this weeks W.E. It's very cool ! You are obviously very creative !!!


My W.E. is up too. Check it out here

Olivia :) said...

Thanks guys for all the nice comments!!

~Liv

Olivia :) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindy said...

This is beautiful, Liv! I think I like the looks of your heart... a lot : )

AS said...

I can feel that brightness coming right out from the heart of your star! :o) It feels good!

Lisa said...

Liv,

That star you made has a lot of colors that I like, too. Your devotional was really neat.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, too. I don't have my own email, so this will link to my mom's blog.

I'll be back to read more after school later this week.

Love,
Leah (Bits of Grace)

One of my Favorite Verses

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

1 Timothy 4:11-13