Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Finding the Good

For this whole week I've been sick and in bed. Drousy, tired, weak...most of those words pretty much explain the way I have been feeling. All though I haven't exactly been my normal self God has always helped me out when I haven't felt good before and I'm pretty sure that He's going to help me out this time.

While I have been home I was reading a couple of books I got for Christmas. It's about ten women who have changed the world and made history. Here are some of the people Elisabeth Elliot, Amy Carmichael, Joni Erickson Tada and a few others. As scanning down the page I saw that Amy C. had got very sick when she was older and was forced to stay in bed for about TWENTY YEARS! Wow I had ony been sick for a few days and look how long she had been sick! This had made me real grateful!

God did a beautiful thing with Mrs. Carmichael. He heard every single prayer she had spoken. God was there with Amy whenever she needed Him and He's going to be there for me just like he was for Amy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through your mom's. I love the design!

You mentioned Amy Carmichael being in bed for 20 years, and it reminded me of my grandmother, who died when I was four. She had a form of arthritis that took away her strength and left her weak and unable to walk. She became bedridden when my mom was only ten years old, and that's how Grandma spent the rest of her life. She died in her early 60s.

My memories of her are clear, even though I was young when she passed away. She would lift me up on her bed and brush my hair. She crocheted beautiful bedspreads and tablecloths, and I remember her doing things like rolling out pie dough on a big board across her lap. She didn't let anything slow her down.

Praying that you'll feel better soon! Keep up the good work on the blog. Writing is a great outlet, and I can see that you have a wonderful way with words.

Wanda said...

This is a wonderful post. Sorry you are not feeling well, but how smart to read...:)
I like all the women you mentioned but I've really loved reading about Elizabeth Elliott. Did you ever see the movie "The End of the Spear" About her life.

Anonymous said...

I left an award on my blog just for you. You are a very inspiring young lady. I thought you deserved it. Come by and pick it up.

Thanks
Debbie

Lindy said...

What a beatiful post, Olivia. Your writing is warm and uplifting... just like your lovely mother's writing.

I know she must be proud of your lovely heart and sweet spirit!

One of my Favorite Verses

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

1 Timothy 4:11-13