Sunday, January 27, 2008

Living Water

Guest Writer


By Angie



This summer, my daughter volunteered to be the keeper of Max, her class’s red-eared slider turtle. The teacher gave her a feeding schedule and instructions on cleaning the water-filled aquarium. She recommended that the tank should be cleaned once a week. As the cleaning time grew near, poor Max would be swimming in green, murky water.


We all know what stagnant water is. This non-flowing water is stale and foul. In order for water to be fresh, we must empty out the old and replenish with new, fresh water. I periodically do this with the cats’ water bowl and the birdbath that sits in my flowerbed. Otherwise the water becomes putrid and useless.In the book of John, we learn that Jesus offers living water. When we drink of that water, we will never thirst again. The water that He gives must not be held in. He instructs us, “Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him (John 7:38).” Did you get that? His water flows into us and then out to others.


Living water is moving water, unlike the water in the turtle tank, water bowl, and birdbath. Allow His life-giving water to flow freely. Offer hope, mercy, truth, and kindness to others. Keep the water clean. Give others a fresh drink in this dry and weary land.

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Yes, I'm so glad I drank from the Living Water!!
Very nice post.

Lisa said...

Olivia, thanks for the invite for my daughter to visit your blog. I'm not sure I'm ready for her to move onto the computer frontier, as she is only 8 1/2. But as we explore this desire in her together, your blog will be one of the first I stop by!

Blessings on your new endeavor!

Elisa @ extravagantgrace.net

Wanda said...

Hi Olivia...just stopped by to say Hi...Have a great day!!

One of my Favorite Verses

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

1 Timothy 4:11-13