Saturday, January 19, 2008

Get on God's Team


“…in all these things,
we are more than conquerors
through Him that loved us”
Romans 8:37 KJV


I love basketball! It’s just so cool to me!! Don’t you just love it when you hear the ball go into the basket and make that swooshing noise or hear the squeak-squeak of the players’ shoes as they dash down the court?

Before I could get my head in the game though, I had to learn a few of the basics like offense and defense. In case you don’t know, there are two teams in basketball. The team that has the ball is called offense. The other team that does not have the ball is on defense.

This got me thinking of how we can all be winners if we’re on God’s team. Jesus made a way for us to go to Heaven by dying on the cross for us and raising from the dead. Plus, He coaches us through the Bible that has all the answers to our problems. We can all be winners on God’s team!

Dear God, I thank You for letting me be on your team.
You are the best coach in life and promise to never leave me.
I’m so grateful for that! In Jesus’ name, amen.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I'm so happy to be a "player" with you on His team. I'm also thankful you see Him even when you play basketball. Keep looking for God and including Him in every part of your life.

Anonymous said...

I like it how God can speak to you through Basketball that is so cool!

Jacie

One of my Favorite Verses

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

1 Timothy 4:11-13