Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Bumps and Bubbles


For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
Jam 1:23-24 KJV

Every morning I wake up, get dressed, eat breakfast, and brush my teeth….huh? I think I left out something really important! Oh, that’s right my hair. When I do my hair, I like it to be just a certain way like ponytails, buns, braids, or something like that. The thing is, I do not like bubbles or bumps to be anywhere in sight of my hair!

As I looked at my reflection in the mirror, I remembered how we should not just work on the outside. We should most importantly work on our inside. Instead of looking in the mirror, God gave us the Bible so we can make sure we reflect Him!

Dear God, I pray that you would help us when we have bumps in the road and need your help. I want to be a good reflection of Jesus. In His name, amen.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog! You have some good insight for someone of such a young age. I'm going to tell my daughter about your blog, so she can read.

Kim S in SC said...

I'm so glad you are sharing your insights with us! What a great God we serve! And I'm so glad that you are learning to serve HIM early!Praying that the Lord will continue to grow you just like He grew, "in wisdom, in stature, and in favor with God and man."

Susan Skitt said...

Wow! You are an awesome writer just like your Mom! Keep it up!

I love your blog - very pretty. However, its value goes much deeper. Your writing shines the light of Jesus love to people around the world! I'm sure Jesus is smiling!

Living the adventure,
Your friend in Jesus,
Susan


"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:19

TMM said...

WOW! You're in competition with your mom now! ;)

EXCELLENT BLOG and I will read all the articles you've put down as much as I can! =)

Bless you. You look exactly like your mom!

Sid

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

This is a beautiful blog and you are a beautiful girl. Your soul shines with joy- and we know where that Joy comes from!

Heather said...

I love that! I remember my daughter not wanting any "bumps" in her hair, either. I don't want any bumps in my life. Thank you for sharing your insights. Love your blog!

One of my Favorite Verses

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

1 Timothy 4:11-13