Saturday, October 18, 2008

Got Bling?

Bling-bling! It sparkles. It shines. And it surely catches your eye! You’ll be the envy of all your friends if you buy the new and improved Bedazzler.

The new thing in fashion is to be caught covered in sequins and sparkles from your head to your toes. It’s everywhere! In magazines, on TV, in the mail, catalogs and even in country stores I go in!

How do you want to attract attention...with sparkles and it being all about your outer appearance, or do you want it to be about what is on the inside? Every girl has a choice. I get tempted to think how do I look in this outfit, do these shoes match this shirt, is my hair alright? In fact I think like that every day, and I probably shouldn't think like that at all.

What if instead we let our sparkle, or light come from the inside? Let's ask questions instead like, am I using all the fruits of the spirit such as, love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance. Now that is some shiny fruit that is sure to sparkle, and grab some attention!

1 comment:

Miss Virginia said...

I love it when can you can write articles. I look forward to reading more. Please tell me when you post again, Lady Olivia

Miss Virginia

One of my Favorite Verses

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

1 Timothy 4:11-13