Saturday, October 25, 2008

World Smile Day

Do you recognize this picture?
Henry Ball is the artist who created the yellow smiley face in 1963. This has become one of the biggest symbols of happiness known to this day. He decided that one day a year should be dedicated to smiling and doing acts of kindness.

When I smile it makes me feel happy. When someone smiles at me, it makes me feel that that person cares about me. If you think about it why would someone smile if it had no meaning? They must be in a good mood and have a good attitude for it to really mean something.

A smile means happiness. When Christians smile it can show that we have joy. When people ask us why we’re so happy we can just tell them that we have the love of Jesus.

On World Smile Day, we can make people smile by showing acts of kindness.
Here are some ideas for you…
Make a get well card for someone who is sick
Hold the door open for someone
Be the first to give a friendly “Hello”
Hug a friend
Help your mom without being asked
Ask your dad how his day was
Ask your younger sibling if they want to play a fun game
And of course, SMILE!

Do you have another idea to make someone smile? If so, please leave a comment.
"Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice." Philippians 4:4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

=)
A long while back when I was depressed, the Lord whispered and said, “Sidhu (that's what He calls me), will you smile for Me?”.

That day I offered a 'sacrifice' of smile. I was smiling so much that people came and told me that they were blessed to see me smile =)

May we smile for Him and thereby bless His heart.

---Sid

Anonymous said...

Cute post:) I was suprised to find another christian girl with a blog title *so* similar to mine. I noticed a link to it on A Pondering Heart.

One of my Favorite Verses

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

1 Timothy 4:11-13