Friday, June 6, 2008

Moving On And Growing Up

A few weeks ago, we moved into a brand new house. I was very scared about all the changes that were going to be made. I would have to make brand new friends, leave two of my cats behind that I had come to love, along with all the good memories from our old house.


Through all of this I realized that God lets hard things into our lives to help us grow in our faith and grow closer to Him. Romans 8:28 says “We know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”

I have learned that when you feel comfortable and things are easy, like at my old house, I didn’t have to trust God as much because I knew what to expect. Now, I really have to trust Him way more than I did before because there are new people that I have never met and places I have never been to before.

It made me realize that this is not an everlasting place like Heaven will be. It is just temporary. God is preparing me for even more challenging times in my future, but the thing He is really getting me ready for is my real home!

Do you have hard times that you are dealing with in your life right now? Let me remind you that if you have hope in Jesus, He will bring you through.

Dear Jesus, I pray that you will help me and everyone else through all the things that are happening in my life and that you would keep us safe. Thank you for working a good purpose through hard times. In Jesus’ name, amen.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Hello,
I like your blog, I have visited it in the past and am always excited to see more posts (I liked the post on your dog it's really cute). It is hard moving on to a new place and leaving your comfort zone. Where did you move to? I live in Florida and boy is it HOT!! You sound like a happy person and I would luv to become acquainted with you! Have a great day,
Brooke

One of my Favorite Verses

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

1 Timothy 4:11-13