Friday, August 15, 2008

Never Give Up


Have you ever wanted to do something and have tried and tried, but never made that much progress? Well, if you have, I know how you feel, because it is the same thing here. For me, I have always wanted to do gymnastics, but I am clumsy.

In particular, cartwheels are not my thing. I cannot point my toes very well and my left leg just will not get in the air. I look like my brother’s remote control helicopter crashing. Then there is my landing which is not a pretty sight.

I am pretty good at most things I try, so having this problem kind of keeps me humble, especially because all my friends can do cartwheels really well. If I am not careful, I can feel left out and sorry for myself.

Not being able to do a cartwheel is not a big thing, but maybe you have a larger problem than that. Maybe you are having family problems or school work is hard.

Whatever your difficulty is, the Bible says we should “glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience; and experience, hope: and hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.” (Romans 5:3-4).

Dear God, I pray that you would help everyone with their problems and that if anyone is having a hard time you would carry them through. Help us rejoice in our sufferings and produce perseverance, character, and hope.

In Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent posts, Liv, and wonderful encouragement. Thanks!

One of my Favorite Verses

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

1 Timothy 4:11-13