Friday, April 4, 2008

He Cares About the Little Things

Hi Everyone!! Okay I have a little chalenge for all of you who want to particitipacte. Today my brother, mom, and I went to a carnival at our school. It was so much fun!!! It was a fundraiser so we decided to join in.

I was walking along the street with a few of my friends and we saw a huge line going from one place to another. It ended up that they had a few fish bowls with colored water in them. What you were trying to do was throw a ping pong ball in one of the bowls in three tries to win your very own GOLDFISH! I decided to give it a try. I mean what did I have to lose? From a distance it looked real easy, but once I actually tried it real hard. Finally on my last try I made it into the bowl. And I got my very own goldfish!!! Can you see my ball in the green bowl?

Next, my brother came along and asked where I got the fish and I said, "Over there where the long line is. You can't miss it..." About 5 minutes later my brother was in the line and ready to win.

"Sorry you didn't win, but you can come over here and get a play goldfish," the teacher said in the nicest voice she could.

I felt so sorry for my brother I almost gave him my goldfish. Another 30 min. later we were in line for the third try. My mom and I where praying hard for my dear brother to get a fish. When it came to be his turn he finally won. We were all screaming and jumping up and down (forgeting about the fish in the bag). Happy as can be we rushed home and put the 2 goldfish in a bowl.


"Now isn't that just amazing that God cares for even the littlest things?" Mom asked.


"Yes!" we both answered.

The thing is we can't figure out what to name them. We need your help.

Please leave your vote for a good boy and girl name. Thanks so much!

Deadline: April 10, 2007

(This was attached to the bag. Isn't that cool? Also, at my school, the fifth grade is selling KJV Bibles. Pretty neat for a public school, huh? Praise the Lord!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are few good names.
Girl:Linsdey or bubbles
Boy:goldie or garry

Wanda said...

Oh I had a lovely girl goldfish named "Jasmine" and I think for a boy goldfish it would have to be "Rusty".

Love and Hugs
Wanda

Anonymous said...

What a great day! And you're so right ~ it is wonderful how even the littlest things matter to God.

Jacqui says "Dennis" for a boy and "Elsie" for a girl (after the cat and golfish in the cartoon, Stanley)

One of my Favorite Verses

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

1 Timothy 4:11-13