Saturday, May 3, 2008

Optical Illusions

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Proverbs 14:12

The other day there was a science fair at my school. It only came around once a year so we decided to join in on the fun since I had made my own display board. While we were looking around they had others along with different experiments for you to do. On the stage all of the boards that kids had made were up on top. One in particular caught my eye. It was called “The Brain Deceives You”. Each part of the board had different illusions. Here are some for you to try…

Try saying the colors of the words, but not what they really say. Try doing it three times fast.

Red, Green, Blue, Yellow,
Pink, Purple, Orange, Grey,
Brown, Black, White

___________________________________________________

Can you see it moving?


____________________________________________________

Do you see a bunny or a duck?



Well, you saw a few optical illusions, but did you know that not only the brain deceives you? Yes, satan can deceive you too. Do you remember in the Bible when he told Eve that if she ate the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil that she would be as wise as God? Eve believed him and she ate from the tree. After that she gave a piece of fruit to Adam and told him the same story that the serpent had told her. When they ate the fruit their eyes where opened to things they had never noticed before. You see, you many think things are right, but they might not be, just like those optical illusions. Sometimes I feel like coveting my friend’s toys when I am at their house or I might feel tempted to do something that my mom told me not to do. No matter what I am about to do wrong I ask God to help me. Do you ever feel like being tempted or coveting? Remember, it is an optical illusion. Just bring it to God and He will help you.


4 comments:

Wanda said...

This was a lot harder that it first appeared. Especially trying to say the color instead of the word....

Fun Post ~~
LOL:) Wanda

Angie said...

Great insight, Livi! Keep listening for Him. He can use the most unexpected things to teach, can't He?

Greg C said...

Great post and message. I was tested harshly this week but I saw right thought it and read some extra verses and put my faith in God. In the end everything worked out and I felt much better about myself. As I was reading though, I felt a calm come over me and knew everything was going to be ok.

Monica said...

Very neat Liv! I could hardly do it especially the one that says you have to say the color instead of the word! Could you tell me where you got those, I want to see more!!

One of my Favorite Verses

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

1 Timothy 4:11-13